Lighten up your September with a fizzy drink. Let’s quench that thirst and make an alternative soda by combining pomegranate and grapefruit into a delicious mixture.
To begin this recipe you will need:
- ½ cup pink or red grapefruit juice (from 1 small grapefruit)
- ½ cup pomegranate juice (from 1 medium pomegranate)
- 1 cup sugar
- Soda water
- Pomegranate arils for garnish (optional)
Next, the steps to make the delicious drink:
1. Combine grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
3. Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes.
4. Strain and discard solids. Let syrup cool completely.
5. To serve, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice cubes. Add 3 tablespoons of syrup, fill with soda water, and stir.
6. Add more syrup for a sweeter or stronger flavor.
7. Garnish with pomegranate arils.
Make this drink out for yourself and enjoy the crisp flavor! For more fun recipes, keep watch on the Banner, where I’ll be posting new ones as the seasons progress!