Our next Middle School teacher interview is with Mrs. Westermeyer. She teaches English and reading, as well as being the sponsor for National Junior Honor Society and the 7A class sponsor.
1. What’s the hardest thing for you about being a teacher?
"I think grading time is consuming and to know what the state standards are for teaching."
2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
"Sue White was my mentor teacher at Gerald Elementary while student teaching. She was nice, compassionate with her students, and she was always smiling."
3. Do you like the food the school serves?
"Yes, I like the salad bar and the varieties it has."
4. Do you sing in the car or other times when you are alone?
"Yes, I sing along to country music."
5. What’s your favorite funny story about yourself?
"One time in college, I was carrying two bags in each arm, it was a busy morning, I was walking up the stairs, and I fell face first onto the floor. It was in front of everyone."