Do you have a love for chocolate desserts? If you do, here’s a recipe for yummy chocolate gooey butter cookies that will warm you up during the cold days in October!
Ingredients you need:
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter until evenly distributed. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract into the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up, then proceed to roll the batter into balls ½ inch in size.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Roll the chilled batter in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart, and bake for 12 minutes. This should allow the cookies to remain soft and gooey, with a crispy finish.
- Let them cool completely. If desired top it off with a dash of confectioners’ sugar.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat and share with your friends and family. You can never go wrong with desserts! These cookies will definitely brighten up your October evenings!