College is a pressure that everyone feels eventually in high school. For some, it is an everyday thought that never seems to stop looming over their shoulder, but for others, it is an exciting thought that sheds some light on their bright and hopeful futures.
When asked how often they thought about college, 40% of juniors said they thought about it once a day, and the other 60% said they think about it once a week.
Many of the students, when asked, said they already had a college picked out. Savanna Hanna, junior, stated, “I'm going to start off at ECC to get all my required classes, then I'm going to transfer to a university to go into what I'm wanting to major in. I have quite a few colleges picked out so far: Indiana State University, Missouri Baptist University, Columbia College, and Westminster College are my top choices.”
100% of the students that answered the survey said that they either plan on attending a four-year college or they are going to go to ECC, then move onto a four-year college.
Lastly, when asked how college made them feel-- if it gave them a sense of anxiety or pressure, if they are excited about it, or if they feel it is important to their future-- Hannah Knoppe, junior, said, “I feel college is vital for my future. I believe you should always be learning. Once you graduate, you should find something new to grasp onto and learn the concepts of. I'm excited for college-- it'll be the next step towards my future and I know my future's going to be bright because I'm going to work to make it bright.”
Kayla Brumels, junior, also stated, “College is very important for my future. Going to college will allow me to be able to pursue the career [of] Veterinary Medicine.”
College is scary to many, and it can be a struggle, but in the end, if everyone perseveres, they will all have a bright, successful future.